We' re looking for a dynamic, detail oriented and experienced Corporate Accountant. The ideal candidate, reporting to the Accounting Manager, will provide support to the Accounting department in the areas of Financial Reporting, Accounts Payable and Cash Management. The position, located in Indianapolis is results-oriented and requires a positive, highly motivated savvy employee.
- Maintains financial reports, records, and general ledgers.
- Maintains Accounts Payable processes, including issuance of POs, coding and entry of vendor invoices, payment of vendor invoices and file maintenance for vendor files.
- Compute monthly brokerage and internal commission payments.
- Reconcile daily cash statements and post activities to accounting system.
- Prepare monthly sales tax reports for payment.
- Participate in the month-end financial close process activities by mantaining financial data and reconciliations as well as providing variance analysis.
- Prepaids, Accruals, Fixed Assets, etc.
- Provide support to Accounting Manager during annual budgets and year-end audit.
- Various ad hoc analysis and other duties as assigned from time to time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong knowledge of basic accounting
- Familiar with the general ledger functions and maintaining balance sheet schedules
- Experience with journal entries and accounts payable
- Ability to effectively analyze data
- Intermediate Excel knowledge, including ability to contribute to financial modeling
- Team player
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking and problem solving skills
- Self-confident, self-motivated, self-starter, flexible, result-oriented and success driven
- Dynamic, organized and detail oriented
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum three (3) years experience
- Corporate accounting experience preferred