- Manages the accounting staff who are responsible for financial reporting, billing, collections, payroll, and budget preparation.
- Establishes internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions and budget preparation.
- Oversees preparation of business activity reports, financial forecasts, and annual budgets.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial reports; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards.
- Audits accounts to ensure compliance with state and federal regulations; coordinates with outside auditors and provides needed information for the annual external audit.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Eight years or more of related experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant designation preferred.